Forward in Faith
- What is Forward in Faith? Forward in Faith is a short-term capital campaign for raising funds to 1) meet the financial obligations of separating from the United Methodist Church, 2) to cover the legal and rebranding costs of establishing our new church, 3) support new and continued ministries for Christ in our community and beyond.
- What is the Goal? The goal is to raise a minimum of $58,000. Approximately $47,000 is required for the UMC obligation which will allow ownership of the land and facilities to be transferred to the local church rather than be held in trust by the UMC. It is estimated that $11,000 is needed for legal cost to set up the new church entity at Redwine and to cover rebranding costs. Any monies received beyond these costs will be used for church ministries.
- How do I pledge? Pledge cards will be available in the pews and can be placed in the offering plate or given to Rena’ Townsend. Also, you can email your pledge amount to Rena’ at email@example.com. Please make your pledge by August 31 of possible. You do not have to pledge, but it will help the Finance committee to know if the campaign looks like it will meet the goal.
- How do I give? Giving will be in the normal manner. Just simply note that the donation is for Forward in Faith on your check or select the Forward in Faith option on the EasyTithe online giving. Checks can be placed in the offering plates or mailed to the church to the Attention of Rena’. The same confidentially will be maintained as with regular tithes and offerings.
- Above and Beyond. Donations need to be above and beyond normal tithes and offerings. Your normal giving is needed for the continued church operations.
- Please begin to make donations as soon as possible so that it can be determined if the campaign will meet its goal. Donations need to be complete by November 30 as required payments will have to be made in December.
- What if. What if for some unknow reason the Conference vote on November 18 does not allow disaffiliation or if sufficient donations are not received to meet payment obligations? Should either of these situations occur, donors will have the option to redirect donations to the general fund or other designated church program or have the option of requesting that the donation be returned to the donor. Refund of donations will be made in December for tax purposes.
- Additional questions? If you have additional questions or concerns, ask a member of finance. They will be glad to answer or do their best to get you an answer: Rena’ Townsend, Greg Odell, Dawn Matthieu, Kim Johnson, Gary Wade.